Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Zuchini muffins

A friend of mine asked me to send her my zucchini muffin recipe and she also asked me to send her the address for my nutrition blog. Then I realized it has been OVER a year since I updated this blog!!! Well here is my zucchini muffin recipe and here's to updating this blog more often!

Zucchini Muffins via Better Homes New Cook Book (with adaptations)

1 1/2 C all purpose flour (I use a mixture of quinoa, chia, and rice flour but you could use half all purpose and half of another more wholesome grain of choice)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 C sugar (I use a hunk of Black Cherry 100% fruit preserves instead of sugar with some mashed banana unmeasured)
1 C finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
1/4 C cooking oil (I use apple sauce instead)
1 egg
1/4 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional)
These days I would also throw in a couple of tablespoons of milled chia seed.

Mix dry ingredients thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Then hand mix together until blended. Place in a greased muffin pan or loaf pans based on your preference. Muffins will cook in about 30 minutes and loaves will cook in about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment